bigdamnhiro: (Fixing)
Hiro Hamada ([personal profile] bigdamnhiro) wrote in [community profile] san_fransokyo2015-02-08 10:44 pm

@robobro

[ He won't do it, he says, and so Hiro tells him, fine, he can sit this one out and let Baymax do it instead. And he forces the broken green chip, along with whatever's left of his brother, out of Baymax, because stupid Tadashi too nice for his own good the man let him burn he let everything burn and he doesn't care so Hiro has to be the one to make sure he pays, make sure he - he -

Hiro doesn't know, but he's so angry, he's seeing red - red chip, red armor, red eyes, red red red.

Gogo has to grab him and wrestle him to the ground before Honey can get the green chip from him, and Gogo plays dirty, she pries his helmet off and tears the neurotransmitter from his forehead so that his robotic arm goes limp and the chip tumbles to the floor. Honey gives him this miserable, disappointed look - and then she's gone, with the chip.

And then it's over, and Callaghan's gone too. Only Tadashi doesn't come back with the green chip. It's just Baymax, apologizing, mentioning something's gone wrong -

Hiro yells. You let him get away and you broke the chip, Tadashi's in there and how could you do this and thanks for nothing, he doesn't need their help, he'll fix it himself, so he leaves them standing there and flies Baymax up and out through the hole in the roof.

With flight, home is just minutes away. Hiro slams into the garage with the force of a hurricane, throwing things until he finds what he needs. Green chip's stuck, so he has to wire a connection between Baymax and the computer, which immediately informs him there are errors on the card. Hiro punches the key to repair hard enough that the keyboard skids back a couple of inches.

When it's done, he exhales sharply through his nose and spins around to face Baymax.
]

Well? Tadashi?
robobro: (Wᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ Iᴍᴍᴏʀᴛᴀʟs)

[personal profile] robobro 2015-02-09 06:42 am (UTC)(link)
[ The whole thing went to hell, Tadashi should have expected this. Track the guy, take his mask-- it sounded simple. After trying out their new upgrades and flying Hiro around San Fransokyo, they felt like they could do anything. If only it'd been that simple.

But it had to be Callaghan. The man Tadashi had spent most of his life looking up to. Who'd inspired so many inventions and told Tadashi time and again to keep at it. To do good. All this time... it had been a lie. It crushes him-- words don't even cover it, but revenge is the last thing on Tadashi's mind. All he can think is... why? What happened to the man he knew? How could he do this-- how could he have stolen Hiro's tech and left him to die?

Tadashi wanted answers. Nothing would bring his body back-- especially not revenge. He was probably saying something like that when Hiro did the unthinkable. The rest is just black. Every sense: nothing. Maybe that's what being dead feels like... whatever it is, Tadashi never wants to feel it again.

He comes back to awareness slowly, maybe partially into the repair process, though it's not enough for him to wake up fully till it's done. While he loads, Baymax's hard drive catches him up on what he'd missed. The fight with Callaghan, their friends having to stop him from...
]

Hiro. [ His voice almost sounds normal. Just for a second. ] What did you do?
robobro: (I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ)

[personal profile] robobro 2015-02-10 04:28 am (UTC)(link)
Hey, calm down. That doesn't matter, don't worry about me. How are you doing?

[ Tadashi knows Hiro could have very well hurt him, and truthfully a lot of this is his fault. But as his big brother, this comes first. He's responsible. He should have been there, but Hiro didn't let him.

Hiro is going to be so dead once Tadashi scans him and makes sure he's okay. Even if it means waddling over to his workstation and putting his hands on Hiro's shoulders. His vitals are shot, and the limp arm on his side is clearly weighing on him.
]

Slow down. You're hurt.
Edited (oops) 2015-02-10 04:28 (UTC)
robobro: (ʙᴏᴛᴛᴏᴍ ʜᴀʟғ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴜʀɢʟᴀss)

[personal profile] robobro 2015-02-10 06:48 am (UTC)(link)
[ Tadashi remains still, letting Hiro get it all out before disengaging his armor. Hiro shouldn't be hurting himself like this, and he has a lot to answer for, but he's still just a kid. ]

Hiro. I know. And I do, but this...

[ Once the armor from his arms falls away, Tadashi pulls Hiro into a hug, pressing him into his chest. ]

Hurting Professor Callaghan won't undo this. It won't help anyone.
robobro: (I'ᴍ ʙᴀᴅ ʙᴇʜᴀᴠɪᴏʀ ʙᴜᴛ I)

[personal profile] robobro 2015-02-11 05:47 am (UTC)(link)
I'm still here.

[ Tadashi pulls him close, shutting his eyes as he runs a hand through Hiro's messy hair. He could focus on all the bad, all the pain Callaghan's actions have caused, or they could do something. They could be more. ]

Even with everything he did, all that hurt he caused... we shouldn't be putting more of it out there.
robobro: (I ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴘɪᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ)

[personal profile] robobro 2015-02-12 06:07 am (UTC)(link)
Honestly, I'm...

[ How can he put it into words? He doesn't feel as much? He was too busy worrying about Hiro to think about it? When Hiro pulled out his chip, he was too busy being really dead to be angry? ]

I'm just grateful to still be alive.

[ It could be so much worse. He just has to make sure Hiro sees that, too. ]

When I first started making Baymax... it felt like it was impossible. I failed again and again-- so many times, that I almost quit.

[ He pauses, searching his data banks for his recordings. He has the video, but it might be better to hear it from him. ]

But I didn't. You wanna know why?
robobro: (I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ)

[personal profile] robobro 2015-02-16 04:25 am (UTC)(link)
I knew he was gonna help people. I wasn't ever giving up on him.

[ Tadashi goes ahead and pulls up some of that footage, the failed tests and missed attempts. It was frustrating, but Tadashi never lost hope. ]

You can't move forward if you just quit. And I don't want you to give up either, Hiro. No matter what people do, or what Callaghan did. I know you can do great things, you just have to focus on what's important... even if people let you down along the way.

[ Yeah, Tadashi is more upset at Callaghan than angry. He must have had his reasons... but doing something so careless isn't like him at all. Maybe he didn't know him as well as he thought. ]
robobro: (ʙᴏᴛᴛᴏᴍ ʜᴀʟғ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴜʀɢʟᴀss)

[personal profile] robobro 2015-02-21 08:02 am (UTC)(link)
You didn't.

[ As long as Hiro kept going, and kept fighting, he could never let Tadashi down. Sure, Tadashi had a lot to deal with, but somehow Hiro being left behind is even harder. He took that burden on himself when he didn't have to, but that's just so Hiro that Tadashi can't really say he's surprised.

He rubs his hand over Hiro's head, letting his vinyl soak up the tears.
]

And he would.

[ Tadashi never gives up on the things he loves. Even when they do a few things they really shouldn't do. ]

I forgive you, Hiro. [ And here he ruffles his hair for good measure. His voice actually sounds a bit soft. ] Just try not to be such a knucklehead next time, alright?
Edited 2015-02-21 08:03 (UTC)
robobro: (I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜᴇʀ)

[personal profile] robobro 2015-02-25 08:21 am (UTC)(link)
[ Tadashi lets Hiro cry, holding him while he calms down and pointedly not acknowledging the fact that he's crying. Too much. Tadashi has his own hang-ups about the events from the past few hours, but most of all-- ]

Just don't do that again.

[ It was like dying, being torn out from Baymax's chest and forced back in there. He only knows everything thanks to Baymax's recordings, but... it's not good. He could have done something if he had been there. ]

No more messing with my data chips, okay? We still don't know how this works.

[ Don't worry, Hiro. He's more scolding than angry, now that he's had some time to see Hiro deak with his guilt. ]
robobro: (I'ᴍ ʙᴀᴅ ʙᴇʜᴀᴠɪᴏʀ ʙᴜᴛ I)

oh noooo

[personal profile] robobro 2015-03-02 10:50 pm (UTC)(link)
No.

[ Tadashi answers, more on impulse than anything. He doesn't want Hiro to feel too guilty. As his big brother, Tadashi is supposed to take a few hits at his expense. But still... ]

It was more like... being knocked out.

[ Which sounds a lot better than 'dying,' of course. As long as it never happens again, they're cool. ]

Waking up kinda hurt. Probably cause of the damage to the port. It felt kinda weird.
Edited 2015-03-02 22:50 (UTC)
robobro: (I ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴘɪᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ)

[personal profile] robobro 2015-03-09 07:56 am (UTC)(link)
I'm not mad.

[ He raises a hand, though it probably doesn't do much to pacify Hiro. The truth is... complicated. ]

Not anymore, just... I was gone. And now I'm back. I still don't really know what to feel.

[ Talking about life and death isn't exactly easy, much less when you're transmitting from inside a nurse-bot. ]

We don't know how this works, how I'm here or anything. [ He doesn't wanna blame Hiro, of course, but if Hiro wants him to be honest, then... ] What were you thinking?
robobro: (Wᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ Iᴍᴍᴏʀᴛᴀʟs)

[personal profile] robobro 2015-03-20 03:08 am (UTC)(link)
Yeah. You do that a lot.

[ But he sounds amused, if that's possible. He'd be smiling, but all he can do is look down. Tadashi can't say he's surprised. Hiro's always been really driven. Sure, he takes a bit to get started, and sometimes it can be hard to get him motivated, but once he gets an idea and start running with it, everything else takes a back seat to whatever's in his head. If his friends hadn't helped he and Hiro build the microbots, Hiro probably would've forgotten to eat. ]

But you don't have to do this alone. I'm here for you; Baymax, the guys, Aunt Cass... We're always here to bring you back.

[ He pauses, then holds out his arm and makes a fist, almost as if to show him how it's done. He knows that's not how it works, but it's as close as he can get to the real thing. The sentiment is still there. ]

Don't worry, okay? None of us are ever giving up on you.
Edited 2015-03-20 03:08 (UTC)